Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) To obtain a grading permit from the Building Inspector, the applicant must make application to the Inspection office in duplicate on forms to be furnished by the city.
(B) Said application must include or be accompanied by the following:
(1) The name of the owner of the real property proposed to be disturbed;
(2) The name of the contractor, if any, doing the work;
(3) The name, address, phone number, and emergency contact information for the person(s) responsible for the erosion control measures implementation and maintenance;
(4) The legal description of the property proposed to be disturbed;
(5) Documentation verifying that the property owner has obtained a general permit for stormwater discharges associated with construction activities through the State DENR as required by SDAR 72:52:11 for land disturbing activity of one acre or more;
(6) Documentation verifying that the property owner has obtained a general permit for stormwater discharges associated with industrial activities through the State DENR as required by SDAR 72:52:01 through 72:52:11. The requirements for this permit are governed by the Standard Industrial Code (SIC). There are no size (area) requirements for this permit;
(7) Documentation of the approval of the stormwater pollution prevention plan (SWPPP) by the city’s Engineering and Inspections Office. The SWPPP is required for both divisions (B)(4) and (B)(5) above; and
(8) Such other information the Building Inspector may request so that he or she may determine if said improvement complies with the city’s ordinances and/or the state’s laws.