Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) To obtain a building permit from the Building Inspector, the applicant must make application to the inspection office in duplicate on forms to be furnished by the city.
(B) He or she shall include with said application the following information:
(1) A sketch or drawing of the outside wall of the floor of said improvement to be built, drawn at scale of at least one quarter of an inch to one inch showing all measurements, the distance from property lines, distance from buildings or structures on the same parcel of land, and distance from back of curb or from edge of streets;
(2) The name of the owner of the real property to be improved;
(3) The name of the contractor, if any, doing the work;
(4) The legal description of the property being improved;
(5) The parcel number given to the property by the county;
(6) The general description of the improvement and what type of building improvement is to be made;
(7) Plans for the installation of plumbing, electrical wiring, and the like; and
(8) Such other information the Building Inspector may request so that he or she may determine if said improvement complies with the city’s ordinances and the state’s laws.
(9) All commercial building permit applications will require an engineer stamped building and site plan regardless of building square footage.
(Ord. passed 9-19-2019)