Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The city shall issue a letter of intent to revoke a license if a cause of suspension in § 114.18(B) occurs, and the license has been suspended within the preceding 12 months. Revocation of the license shall be effective 14 days after the letter of intent to revoke is sent.
(B) The city shall issue a letter of intent to revoke a license if it determines that:
(1) A licensee gave false or misleading information in the material submitted during the application process;
(2) A licensee has knowingly allowed possession, use, or sale of controlled substances on the premises;
(3) A licensee has knowingly allowed prostitution on the premises;
(4) A licensee knowingly operated the adult-oriented business during a period of time when the licensee’s license was suspended;
(5) Except in the case of an adult motel, a licensee has knowingly allowed any act of sexual intercourse, sodomy, oral copulation, masturbation, or other sex act to occur in or on the licensed premises;
(6) A licensee is delinquent in payment to the city, county, or state for any taxes or fees past due; and
(7) A licensee has been convicted of specified criminal activity as defined in this chapter.
(C) (1) When the city revokes a license, the revocation shall continue for one year, and the licensee shall not be issued an adult-oriented business license for one year from the date the revocation became effective.
(2) If, subsequent to revocation, the city finds that the basis for the revocation has been corrected or abated, the applicant may be granted a license if at least 90 days have elapsed since the date the revocation became effective.
(D) (1) After denial of an application, denial of a renewal of an application, or suspension or revocation of any license, the applicant or licensee may seek prompt judicial review of the administrative action in any court of competent jurisdiction.
(2) The administrative action shall be promptly reviewed by the court.
(E) The procedures for revocation of an adult oriented business license in § 111.57 apply to the suspension or revocation of a license issued under this chapter.
(Ord. 25, passed 8-7-2008)