Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Any person seeking the issuance of a permit to engage in Itinerant Sales or Soliciting shall file with the Chief of Police a written application on a form to be provided, correctly containing the following information:
(1) Full legal name of the applicant.
(2) Permanent residence address.
(3) Current residence address, if different from applicant's permanent address.
(4) Telephone, e-mail and other contact information as determined necessary by the Chief of Police.
(5) Birthdate, height, weight, color of eyes and hair.
(6) The make, model, year and license tag numbers of each motor vehicle and/or trailer that will be used in Itinerant Sales or Soliciting.
(7) The dimensions of any motor vehicle (including a food truck), trailer, tent or other mobile vending cart or device that will be used from a stationary position.
(8) A description of the goods and/or services, if any, to be sold.
(9) If not self-employed, the name, address and telephone number of the applicant's employer.
(10) The place or places where the sales or soliciting will take place, and specifically, whether the sales or soliciting will be conducted Door-to-Door.
(11) The dates, or date parameters during which the applicant intends to operate, and the daily hours of operation.
(12) The names of any minors under the age of sixteen (16) years, if any, who will be engaged in soliciting.
(13) A declaration of whether the applicant has ever been convicted of any felony crime, any misdemeanor theft offense or misdemeanor involving misconduct with minors.
(b) Each application shall have filed with it the following supporting documents:
(1) A copy of the applicant's driver's license or state identification card.
(2) A copy of the applicant's certificate of automobile insurance, if the applicant will be using a motor vehicle.
(3) A copy of the Registration Certificate relating to any motor vehicle to be used.
(4) A copy of the applicant's vendor's license, food service operation license, or other license that the applicant is required to have in order to engage in the transactions contemplated in the application.
(5) A color photograph of the applicant not smaller than 1" x 1½" nor larger than 2" x 3".
(6) A background investigation report of the applicant issued by the State of Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation within sixty (60) days of the application date, if the applicant is (A) eighteen (18) years of age or older and (B) will be conducting any activity Door-to-Door.
(c) Each application to conduct Itinerant Sales shall have filed with it a non-refundable application processing fee of fifty dollars ($50.00), which shall be collected to defray the cost of processing permit applications. Applications for Soliciting shall be exempt from the application fee. (Ord. 2018-67. Passed 5-21-18.)