Before any connection shall be made to any water main, application for a permit must be made in writing by the owner of the premises to be served, or by his authorized representative, at the office of the City Clerk. The application shall be made on forms provided by the Water Department, which shall contain such information as the City Commission may require.
(1990 Code, § 2.37)