Skip to code content (skip section selection)
All plant material shall be free of disease and insects at time of planting, and conform to the American Standard for Nursery Stock of the American Association of Nurserymen ANZI Z60.1.
(A) Minimum plant material planting size.
(1) Evergreen trees shall be a minimum of five feet in height.
(2) Narrow evergreens shall be a minimum of three feet in height.
(3) Ornamental trees shall be a minimum of ten feet in height or 1 3/4" caliper.
(4) Large deciduous shrubs shall be a minimum of four feet in height.
(5) Deciduous canopy trees shall be a minimum of 15 feet in height or 2" caliper.
(6) Small evergreen or deciduous ornamental shrubs shall be a minimum of 18" - 24" spread.
(B) Plant material spacing.
(1) Plant materials shall not be placed closer than four feet from the fence line or property line.
(2) Where plant materials are placed in two or more rows, plantings shall be staggered in rows and/or grouped informally to create a naturalistic appearance.
(3) Evergreen trees shall be planted not more than 15 feet on center.
(4) Narrow evergreens shall be planted not more than six feet on center.
(5) Deciduous canopy trees shall be planted not more than 25 feet on center.
(6) Ornamental trees shall be planted not more than ten feet on center.
(7) Large deciduous shrubs shall be planted not more than four feet on center.
(C) Plant material and design variety. The overall landscape plan shall demonstrate a variety of plant material with not more than 50% of any one species utilized throughout the design.
(D) Suggested (not required) plant materials.
(1) Evergreen trees.
(5) Pine. (Dwarf, Globe, Pendulous, species/Cultivars are not permitted.)
(E) Narrow Evergreens. (Dwarf, Globe, Pendulous, species/Cultivars are not permitted.)
(1) Column Hinoki Cypress.
(2) Blue Columnar Chinese Juniper.
(3) Pyramidal Red-Cedar.
(4) Swiss Stone Pine.
(5) Pyramidal White Pine.
(6) Irish Yew.
(7) Douglas Arbor-Vitae.
(8) Columnar Giant Arbor-Vitae.
(F) Ornamental trees.
(1) Flowering crabs.
(2) Service Berry.
(G) Large deciduous shrubs.
(H) Deciduous canopy trees.
(2) Hard Maples.
(6) Ginkgo (male species only).
(7) Honeylocust (thornless and seedless cultivars only).
(8) Hop Hornbeam.
(I) Trees not permitted (as credit for site plan review/landscaping requirements).
(1) Box Elder.
(2) Soft Maples (Silver).
(6) Horse Chestnut (Nut Bearing).
(7) Tree of Heaven.
(Ord. 616, passed 9-23-2013)