Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following requirements apply in the I-2 District:
(A) Any industrial or storage uses located outside of a building shall be provided with a solid, permanently maintained wall or fence completely surrounding said uses and such wall or fence shall be no lower than the subject use or storage, and constructed to provide firm anchoring of fence posts to concrete or wall to foundations.
(B) Uses in this district shall be such that they:
(1) Emit no obnoxious, toxic, or corrosive fumes or gasses except for those produced by internal combustion engines under design operating conditions.
(2) Emit no odorous gases or other odorous matter in such quantities as to be perceptible at any point in any other district.
(3) Emit no smoke darker than No. 1 of the Ringlemann chart. For the purpose of grading the density of smoke, the Ringlemann chart, as published and used by the United States Bureau of Mines, which is hereby made a part of this Chapter, shall be the standard.
(4) Discharge into the air no dust or other particulate matter created by any industrial operation or emanating from any products stored prior or subsequent to processing in such quantities as to be perceptible at any point in any other district.
(5) Produce no heat or glare humanly perceptible at or beyond the lot boundaries.
(6) Utilize all lighting in a manner which does not permit any light source illuminating vehicular ways, parking or service areas, or which is a part of or illuminates a sign to be visible at any point in any other district.
(7) Produce no electromagnetic radiation or radioactive emission injurious to human beings, animals, or vegetation, or of an intensity that interferes with the lawful use of any other property.
(8) Produce no physical vibrations humanly perceptible at or beyond the lot boundaries.
(9) Do not by their particular location hinder the residential function of residential streets through generalization of nonresidential type and high volume traffic over these streets.
(10) Do not engage in the production or storage of any material designed for use as an explosive, nor in the use of such material in production.
(11) Noise emanating from a use in this district shall not exceed the level of normal traffic noise at any point in any other district.
(Ord. 616, passed 9-23-2013)