Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following uses are permitted in the CBD District subject to all applicable regulations of this chapter, and only when all activities, including all storage are conducted in permanent, fully enclosed buildings:
(A) Generally recognized retail business or service establishments, such as the following:
(1) Food stores including supermarkets and all types of specialty food stores such as bakeries, candy stores, and similar uses.
(2) Drug stores, variety stores.
(3) Hardware and related stores, such as paint, wallpaper, and similar uses.
(4) Department stores.
(5) Apparel shops, including specialty shops of all sorts, shoe stores, and similar uses.
(6) Furniture and appliances, including rugs, floor coverings, drapery, sewing machine shops, used furniture, office supplies, and similar uses.
(7) Gift shops, camera shops, record shops, and similar uses.
(8) Service shops such as barber, beauty, laundry, cleaner, copying, and similar uses.
(9) Minor repair shops such as shoe and watch repair.
(10) Banks, loan offices, stock exchange offices and other financial institutions.
(11) Hotels and motels.
(12) Travel agencies, automobile club, chamber of commerce.
(13) Eating and drinking establishments without drive-in service.
(14) Professional and other offices drawing a large number of clients and/or customers such as:
(a) Doctors, dentists, lawyers, architects; offices and clinics;
(b) Insurance, realty, union offices;
(c) Post office, public utility office.
(15) Newspaper offices and related printing facilities.
(16) Miscellaneous business services such as consumer-credit reporting agencies, mailing list and stenographic services business and management consulting services.
(B) Accessory uses and buildings.
(C) Adult business.
(D) Child care facilities.
(E) Christmas tree sales.
(F) Essential services.
(H) Gas regulator stations, utility pumping stations, power substations and water towers not necessary for service to the adjacent residential area.
(I) Keeping of household pets.
(J) Off-street parking facilities.
(K) Photographic studios.
(L) Public and semi-public buildings.
(M) Residence, single family, in connection with a business, but only on the second floor or above.
(O) Swimming pools.
(P) Temporary buildings.
(Q) Video gaming establishments.
(R) Video sales and rental establishments.
(Ord. 616, passed 9-23-2013; Am. Ord. 633, passed 2-12-2018)