Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) In addition to any and all information required by other sections of this subchapter, an application for a license to sell 3.2% malt liquor shall contain the following information:
(1) The name of the applicant;
(2) The applicant’s age;
(3) Representations as to the applicant’s character with such references as may be required by the issuing body;
(4) The applicant’s citizenship;
(5) Whether the application is for retail on-sale or for retail off-sale;
(6) The business in which the proposed license will operate and its location;
(7) Whether the applicant is owner and operator of that business and if not, who is the owner and who will be operating that business;
(8) How long the applicant has been in that business at that place; and
(9) Any other information which the City Council feels is necessary in its determination of granting or not granting a license.
(B) It shall be a violation of this subchapter to make any false statement in connection with any application for license. The City Council shall investigate all facts set forth in the application and shall grant opportunity for any person to be heard who is for or against granting such license to the applicant.
(C) After such investigation and consideration, the Council shall grant or refuse the applicant at its discretion.
(1994 Code, § 8-2.6)