Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Open burn permits may be issued only for the following purposes:
(1) Elimination of fire of health hazard that cannot be abated by other practical means.
(2) Ground thawing for utility repair and construction.
(3) Disposal of vegetative matter for managing forest, prairie or wildlife habitat, and in the development and maintenance of land and rights-of-way where chipping, composting, landspreading or other alternative methods are not practical.
(4) Disposal of diseased trees generated on-site, diseased or infected nursery stock, diseased bee hives.
(5) Disposal of unpainted, untreated, non-glued lumber and wood shakes generated from construction, where recycling, reuse, removal or other alternative disposal methods are not practical.
(B) Fire training permits can only issued by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.