Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The requirements and procedures for specialty contractor registration shall be as follows:
(a) Any person desiring a plumbing contractor registration shall make written application therefor with the Health Commissioner. Every application shall be on forms prescribed by the Health Commissioner; shall furnish all information and data required thereby. No application shall be required of any person desiring to renew a plumbing contractor registration previously issued or renewed provided that the information and data contained in such person's application therefor is correct or, if not, is corrected by or at the direction of such person and that all other provisions of this action are complied with.
(b) No plumbing contractor registration shall be issued or continue in effect pursuant thereto unless the applicant shall give evidence that the following items are valid and remain in effect during the duration of the subcontractor registration.
(1) The payment of a two hundred dollars ($200.00) fee, to be paid to the Clark County Combined Health District, upon application for a plumbing contractor registration; and the payment of a one hundred twenty five dollar ($125.00) fee, to be paid to the Clark County Combined Health District, for each renewal thereof. Payment shall be made to the City Treasurer.
(2) Proof that the applicant holds a valid and unexpired license issued pursuant to Chapter 4740 of the Ohio Revised Code.
(3) Comprehensive general liability insurance, including completed operations, with a minimum limit of liability of three hundred thousand dollars ($300,000) each occurrence combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage liability. Subcontractors performing demolition work shall provide collapse hazard coverage ("c" exclusion deleted) and shall also provide explosion hazard coverage ("x" exclusion deleted) if explosive materials are to be used. Subcontractors performing excavation work shall provide both collapse and underground hazard coverage ("c" and "u" exclusions deleted).
(4) Proof of Workers' Compensation coverage, if coverage is required by the State of Ohio.
(5) City income tax number.
(6) The execution by such applicant for such license of a bond in the sum of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) with sureties thereon to the approval of the City Manager. Such bond shall be conditioned to save the City and its inhabitants harmless from all loss or damage of whatsoever nature that may result from any violation by the plumbing contractor and/or his authorized agents of any law, ordinance or rule governing work contemplated by the terms of such plumbing contractor registration which are then in force or thereafter established by proper authority.
(c) The Health Commissioner shall issue a certificate of plumbing contractor registration to any person who has complied with the provisions of this section. Every certificate of plumbing contractor registration issued or renewed pursuant to this section shall expire on December 31 of the year for which the same has been issued or last renewed unless otherwise renewed prior thereto in accordance with the provisions of this section. No fee required under the provisions of this section after payment thereof to the City shall be refunded for any cause whatsoever.
(d) Every certificate of plumbing contractor registration issued pursuant to this Section shall expire on December 31 of the year in which the certificate of plumbing contractor registration was issued or renewed. Holders of a certificate of plumbing contractor registration may apply to renew their certificate of plumbing contractor registration during the period November 15 through December 31 of the year in which the certificate of plumbing contractor registration was issued or previously renewed by making application for renewal and paying the renewal fee of one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125.00) to the Clark County Combined Health District. A certificate of plumbing contractor registration which is permitted to expire may not be renewed and a holder of an expired certificate of plumbing contractor registration who wishes to become registered must apply for a new certificate of plumbing contractor registration pursuant to the provisions of this Section and pay the application fee of two hundred dollars to the Clark County Combined Health District.
(Ord. 03-353. Passed 10-28-03.)