Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person shall perform work for which a gas piping installation permit is required unless such person holds a valid gas piping installer’s registration issued under this Chapter.
(b) Any person desiring a gas piping installer’s registration shall make written application therefor with the Chief Building Official. Every application shall be on forms prescribed by the Chief Building Official; shall furnish all information and data required thereby. No application shall be required of any person desiring to renew a gas piping installer’s registration previously issued or renewed provided that the information and data contained in such person's application therefor is correct or, if not, is corrected by or at the direction of such person and that all other provisions of this Chapter are complied with.
(c) No gas piping installer’s registration shall be issued or continue in effect unless the applicant shall give evidence that the following items are valid and remain in effect during the duration of the gas piping installer’s registration:
(1) The payment of a three hundred dollar ($300.00) fee upon application for a gas piping installer’s registration; and the payment of a two hundred dollar ($200.00) fee for each renewal thereof. Payment shall be made to the City Treasurer.
(2) Proof that the applicant holds either:
(A) a valid and unexpired Plumbing License issued by the State of Ohio pursuant to Chapter 4740 of the Ohio Revised Code or
(B) a valid and unexpired H/M-1P Install/Replace Gas Service D.O.T. certification issued pursuant to 49 CFR Part 192.
(3) Comprehensive general liability insurance, including completed operations, with a minimum limit of liability of three hundred thousand dollars ($300,000) each occurrence combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage liability. Such insurance shall provide explosion hazard coverage ("x" exclusion deleted). Applicants performing excavation work shall also provide both collapse and underground hazard coverage ("c" and "u" exclusions deleted).
(4) Proof of Workers' Compensation coverage, if coverage is required by the State of Ohio.
(5) City income tax number and social security number.
(6) Photo identification of the applicant.
(7) The execution by such applicant of a bond in the sum of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) with sureties thereon to the approval of the City Manager. Such bond shall be conditioned to save the City and its inhabitants harmless from all loss or damage of whatsoever nature that may result from any violation by the registered gas piping installer and/or his authorized agents of any law, ordinance or rule governing work contemplated by the terms of such gas piping installer’s registration which are then in force or thereafter established by proper authority.
(8) A Police Records check showing no convictions for crimes involving dishonesty for the preceding five (5) years.
(d) The Chief Building Official shall issue a certificate of gas piping installer’s registration to any person who has complied with the provisions of this section. Every certificate of gas piping installer’s registration issued or renewed pursuant to this section shall expire on December 31 of the year for which the same has been issued or last renewed unless otherwise renewed prior thereto in accordance with the provisions of this section. No fee required under the provisions of this section after payment thereof to the City shall be refunded for any cause whatsoever.
(e) Holders of a certificate of gas piping installer’s registration may apply to renew their certificate of gas piping installer’s registration during the period November 15 through December 31 of the year in which the certificate of gas piping installer’s registration was issued or previously renewed by making application for renewal and paying the renewal fee of two hundred dollars ($200.00). Holders of a certificate of gas piping installer’s registration may request an extension of the registration expiration date by filing with the Chief Building Official a request for an extension citing the reason an extension should be granted and by paying an extension request fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00). For good cause shown, the Chief Building Official may grant an extension of the registration expiration date (either prospective or retroactive) of up to thirty days. A certificate of gas piping installer’s registration which is permitted to expire may not be renewed and a holder of an expired certificate of gas piping installer’s registration who wishes to become registered must apply for a new certificate of gas piping installer’s registration pursuant to the provisions of this Section and pay the application fee of three hundred dollars ($300.00).
(Ord. 10-97. Passed 3-16-10.)