Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) Presentation. All claims against the village for goods purchased, damaged or originating in any other way, except for claims for salaries and other allowances that are fixed by ordinance shall be presented on or before the tenth day of each month to the Village Clerk. All the claims must be in writing and items shall be specified.
(2) Exception. This does not prohibit the Village Board from passing on any claims not previously presented to the Village Clerk if, in the opinion of the Board, justice to the claimant requires it.
(1994 Code, § 1-2-26)
(B) Fiscal year. The fiscal year of the village shall begin on May 1 and end on the following April 30.
(ILCS Ch. 65, Act 5, § 1-1-2(5)) (1994 Code, § 1-2-27)
(C) Municipal year.
(1) The municipal year shall commence on May 1 and shall end on the following April 30.
(2) No appointments shall be made during the last month of the municipal year in the year of a mayoral election.
(1994 Code, § 1-2-28)
(D) Expenses; reimbursement. Any municipal officer or employee is entitled to reimbursement for any reasonable actual expenses incurred by him or her in the performance of his or her duties.
(1994 Code, § 1-2-29)
(E) Village records. All official records, including the village corporate seal, shall be kept in the Village Hall.
(1994 Code, § 1-2-30)
(F) Pecuniary interests in contracts prohibited. No municipal officer shall be interested, directly or indirectly in any contract, work or business which:
(1) Belongs to the municipality;
(2) Is sold for taxes or assessments; or
(3) Is sold by virtue of legal process at the suit of the municipality.
(1994 Code, § 1-2-31)
(G) Federal old age and survivor's insurance system.
(1) Eligible employees shall mean all employees of the village, eligible under the Federal Act, except persons elected to office by popular election and also the Village Treasurer and Village Attorney.
(2) Withholdings from salaries or wages of employees for the purpose provided in sections hereof are hereby authorized to be made in the amounts and at such times as may be required by applicable state or federal laws or regulations, and shall be paid over to the state agency in such amounts and at such times as are designated by state laws or regulations.
(1994 Code, § 1-2-32)
(H) Smoking prohibited.
(1) No person shall smoke or engage in the act of smoking upon or within the indoor premises, its offices or rooms, of the South Roxana Village Hall.
(2) The term SMOKE and the phrase ACT OF SMOKING shall be defined for the purposes of this section, as the act of inhaling the smoke from or possessing a lighted cigarette, cigar, pipe or any other form of tobacco or similar substance which is lighted, burned or ignited for the purpose of consuming or inhaling the smoke therefrom.
(1994 Code, § 1-2-33) (Ord. 94-02, passed 3-10-1994)
Similar provisions, see ILCS Ch. 65, Act 5, § 3.1-50-15(B)