The general plan may be amended by resolution of the City Council as follows: (Ord. 2007-02, 1-16-2007)
   A.   The process to amend the general plan and future land use map may be initiated by members of the City Council, by the City Manager or Planning Director, or by the owner of a subject property or his or her agent. A general plan land use or text amendment which is not initiated by the City may not be reinitiated for an amendment which was considered within the previous year without a majority vote of the City Council. A land use amendment should not impair the development potential of the subject parcel or neighboring properties. (Ord. 2007-02, 1-16-2007; amd. Ord. 2019-01, 3-5-2019)
   B.   The Planning Commission shall hold a public hearing, as required by State law, after which the commission may modify the proposed general plan amendment. The Planning Commission shall then forward the proposed general plan amendment to the City Council.
   C.   After receiving the recommendation of the Planning Commission, the City Council shall hold a public hearing, and may accept, accept with modifications, or reject the proposed general plan amendment. (Ord. 2007-02, 1-16-2007)