Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. The City Engineer may approve the following public utilities in any zone: (Ord. 2007-02, 1-16-2007; amd. Ord. 2019-01, 3-5-2019)
1. Electric power transmission and distribution lines with a capacity of less than sixty nine (69) kV.
2. Gas transmission and distribution lines with a design pressure of less than six hundred (600) psi and pipe diameter of less than sixteen inches (16").
3. Canals and water transmission and distribution lines with a capacity of less than two hundred (200) second feet.
4. Motor vehicle roads and driveways.
5. Railroad tracks.
6. Telephone lines.
7. Cable television or communication lines.
8. Easements, rights of way, service driveways or accessory structures which are appurtenant to the above uses.
B. The following large scale public utilities may be allowed in all zones subject to the granting of a conditional permit:
1. Electric power transmission lines with a capacity of sixty nine (69) kV or greater.
2. Gas transmission lines with a design pressure of six hundred (600) psi or greater and pipe diameter of sixteen inches (16") or larger.
3. Water transmission lines with a capacity of two hundred (200) second feet or greater.
4. Communication towers (see Chapter 17.112 of this title).
5. Any easements, rights of way, service driveways, or accessory structures which are appurtenant to the above uses.
C. Public facilities shall be subject to all of the height, bulk, location and other standards for the zone in which they are located except:
1. There shall be no minimum lot size required.
2. Only walled and/or roofed structures shall be required to meet the yard requirements (setbacks) of the zone. Otherwise, the public facilities listed in this section shall have no minimum yard requirements.
D. In new developments, all utility lines and structures shall be installed underground in properly recorded easements according to city engineering and public utility standards. Junction boxes, monitoring and pump stations and other aboveground utility structures not listed above in excess of thirty (30) square feet in area or over four feet (4') in height shall require conditional use permit approval prior to installation. (Ord. 2007-02, 1-16-2007)