Skip to code content (skip section selection)
This section is to promote the general welfare of the City and its citizens, businesses and visitors. This section provides a means to enforce as a nuisance certain noise and disturbances to protect and preserve the well being of the City.
A. Restrictions: It shall be unlawful to perform the following between the hours of ten o'clock (10:00) P.M. and seven o'clock (7:00) A.M.: (Ord. 2007-01, 1-16-2007)
1. Mechanically sweep parking lots in the following zones: P-O, C-C, Redwood Road MU, C-N, C-I, C-F, I-F and BH-MU.
2. Pick up commercial refuse trash receptacles within the P-O, C-C, Redwood Road MU, C-N, C-I, C-F, I-F and BH-MU Zone Districts. (Ord. 2007-01, 1-16-2007; amd. Ord. 2013-02, 2-19-2013)
3. Operate any construction site within City boundaries.
B. Exemptions: Excluded from the regulations of this section are:
1. Projects located in areas presenting no noise impact to the surrounding areas;
2. Projects at the discretion of the City Manager or designee, which benefit the City as a whole; and
3. Public or private services rendered during an actual emergency situation.
C. Penalty: A violation of this section is a Class C misdemeanor and is punishable as such. (Ord. 2007-01, 1-16-2007)