Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Application for a license shall be made upon a form provided by the Chief of Police of this municipality and filed with such Chief. The applicant shall truthfully state in full the information requested on the application, to-wit:
(1) Name and address of present place of residence and length of residence at such address; also, business address if other than residence address;
(2) Address of place of residence during the past three years if other than present address;
(4) Physical description of the applicant;
(5) Name and address of the person, firm, or corporation or association whom the applicant is employed by or represents, and the length of time of such employment or representation.
(6) Name and address of employer during the past three years if other than present employer;
(7) Description sufficient for identification of the subject matter of the soliciting which the applicant will engage in;
(8) Period of time for which the license is applied for;
(9) The date, or approximate date, of the latest previous application for license under this subchapter, if any;
(10) Has a license issued to the applicant under this subchapter ever been revoked;
(11) Has the applicant ever been convicted of a violation of any of the provisions of this subchapter, or the ordinance of any other Illinois municipality regulating soliciting;
(12) Has the applicant ever been convicted of the commission of a felony under the laws of the State of Illinois or any other state or federal law of the United States;
(13) Also, such additional information as the Chief of Police may deem necessary to process the application.
(B) All statements made by the applicant upon the application or in connection therewith shall be under oath.
(C) The Chief of Police shall cause to be kept in his office an accurate record of every application received and acted upon together with all other information and data pertaining thereto and all licenses issued under the provisions of this subchapter, and of the denial of applications. Applications for licenses shall be numbered in consecutive order as filed, and every license issued, and any renewal thereof, shall be identified with the duplicate number of the application upon which it was issued.
(D) No license shall be issued to any person who has been convicted of the commission of a felony under the laws of the State of Illinois or any other state or federal law of the United States, within five years of the date of the application; nor to any person who has been convicted of a violation of any of the provisions of this subchapter, nor to any person whose license issued hereunder has previously been revoked as herein provided.
(‘81 Code, § 5-14.03) (Ord. 1976-1-3, passed 2-16-76; Am. Ord. 2002-53, passed 6-17-02; Am. Ord. 2008-53, passed 11-3-08; Am. Ord. 2010-46, passed 7-19-10)