Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) When the License Official determines any of the following, the License Official shall give written notice to the licensee or the person in control of the business within the municipality by personal service or certified mail that the license is suspended pending a hearing before Council for the purpose of determining whether the license should be revoked:
(1) A license has been mistakenly or improperly issued or issued contrary to law;
(2) A licensee has breached any condition upon which the license was issued or has failed to comply with the provisions of this chapter;
(3) A licensee has obtained a license through a fraud, misrepresentation, a false or misleading statement, evasion or suppression of a material fact in the license application; or
(4) A licensee has been convicted, within the previous ten (10) years, of an offense under a law or ordinance regulating business, a crime involving dishonest conduct or moral turpitude related to a business or a subject of a business, or an unlawful sale of merchandise or prohibited goods;
(5) A licensee has engaged in an unlawful activity or nuisance related to the business; or
(6) A licensee is delinquent in the payment to the municipality of any tax or fee.
(B) The notice shall state the time and place at which the hearing is to be held, which shall be at a regular or special Council meeting within 30 days from the date of service of the notice, unless continued by agreement. The notice shall contain a brief statement of the reasons for suspension and proposed revocation and a copy of the applicable provisions of this chapter.
(Ord. 2019-04, passed 6-18-2019)