Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The Town Engineer shall consider the following matters and others, where applicable, prior to approving the development plan:
A. Traffic Safety And Congestion:
1. The effect of the site development on traffic conditions on abutting streets.
2. The layout of the site with respect to locations and dimensions of vehicular and pedestrian entrances, exits, drives and walkways.
3. The arrangement and adequacy of off-street parking facilities to prevent traffic congestion.
4. The location, arrangement and dimensions of truck loading and unloading facilities.
5. The circulation patterns within the boundaries of the development.
6. The surfacing and lighting of off-street parking facilities.
7. The continuation of streets as prescribed in the Traffic Circulation Plan.
B. Outdoor Advertising: The number, location, color, size, height, lighting and landscaping of outdoor advertising signs and structures in relation to the creation of traffic hazards and the appearance and harmony with adjacent development.
C. Buildings And Site Layout:
1. The general silhouette and mass, including location on the site, elevations and relation to natural plant coverage all in relationship to the neighborhood.
2. The exterior design in relation to adjoining structures in height, bulk and area openings, breaks in the facade facing on the street, line and pitch of roof and arrangement of structure on the parcel.
3. The adequate usable outdoor living space for each dwelling unit occupying or to occupy the site.
D. Drainage: The effect of the development on the adequacy of the storm and surface water drainage, both on the site and in the affected area.
E. Water And Sewer Capacities: The ability of the Town to supply water and sewer service to the site should be investigated.
F. Permitted Accessory Uses:
1. Any use customarily incidental to a permitted principal use, such as:
a. Private garage or carport for storage of vehicles.
b. Garden house, tool house, ramada, swimming pool.
2. Accessory dwelling units inherent to maintaining business.
3. Where the keeping of horses and other livestock is lawful, structures customarily accessory to such use.
G. Property Development Standards:
1. Minimum Area: Five (5) acres.
2. Building Height: No building shall exceed thirty five feet (35') in height.
3. Required Yards:
a. Front Yard: Forty feet (40').
b. Side Yard: Forty feet (40').
c. Back Yard: Forty feet (40').
4. Minimum Distance Between Main Buildings: As prescribed by the Uniform Building Code.
H. Nonresidential Accessory Building:
1. Maximum Height: Fifteen feet (15') above grade.
2. Maximum Yard Coverage: Thirty five percent (35%) of the required side or rear yard.
3. Location Restriction: No accessory building shall be erected in any minimum required front yard.
4. Setback Requirements: Accessory buildings shall be set back from the side lot line and the rear lot line a distance not less than five feet (5'), except:
a. For a lot having its rear lot line continuous with an alley line, no rear setback shall be required for the accessory buildings; or
b. For a corner lot abutting a key lot and not separated therefrom by an alley, an accessory building shall be set back from the rear lot line a distance of not less than the width of the least required side yard applicable to the main building; or
c. For a corner lot, the street side setback shall be the same as for the main building. (Ord. 108, 3-8-1994)