Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Regular Meetings: Regular meetings of the town council shall be held on the first and third Thursdays of each month at an hour designated by the council; provided, that in all instances that such day is observed as a legal holiday for municipal offices, the regular meeting of the town council shall be held on the following day; provided, however, the council may change the date of a regular meeting by resolution and giving notice of the date and time of the change to a newspaper of general circulation in the town not less than one week before such meeting.
B. Special Meetings:
1. Special meetings of the town council may be called whenever they are deemed to be necessary by a majority of the members of the town council.
2. Notice of such special meetings shall be given to all council members and to a newspaper of general circulation in the town, radio or television station requesting such notice. Notice shall be posted in two (2) locations around town. The notice shall specify the time and place of the special meeting and the business to be transacted.
3. The action of the town council at each special session shall be limited to the subject matter in the notice, and the minutes of the meeting shall be entered in the minutes book of the town council by the town clerk-treasurer.
C. Adjourned Meetings:
1. Any meeting may be adjourned to a later date, except that no meeting may be adjourned to a date beyond the next regular meeting.
2. Only such matters as could legally be considered at the original meeting may be considered at the adjourned meeting.
D. Executive Sessions: When the nature of the business so requires, the town council, by a vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the members present, may go into executive session and exclude the public therefrom.
E. Open Meetings: Meetings of the council shall be open to the public pursuant to Wyoming Statutes section 16-4-403. (2014 Code)