Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Permission to hawk, peddle, and/or solicit in the city shall not be transferable and may be revoked by the Mayor at any time for just cause.
(B) JUST CAUSE as above used is hereby defined as follows:
(1) Fraud, misrepresentation, or any false statement contained in the registration.
(2) Conviction of the registrant of any felony or crime involving moral turpitude or theft.
(3) Any violation of this chapter.
(4) Conducting the soliciting or peddling in an unlawful manner or in such manner as to constitute a breach of peace, or to be a menace to the health, safety or general welfare of the people of the city.
(5) A finding by the Police Department upon investigation that the registrant has been in the conduct of his business insulting to the person to whom he is soliciting or peddling; or has been excessively aggressive; or has refused to leave the premises when so requested; or has made misrepresentations or false statements in the conduct of such business.
('91 Code § 114.04) (Ord. 2098-1961, passed 3-2-61) Penalty, see § 113.99