Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. The planning commission may recommend that the city council authorize exceptions to any of the requirements or standards imposed by these regulations where not inconsistent with or prohibited by the provisions of the Subdivision Map Act and other City of Signal Hill Municipal Code sections.
B. An application for any exemption shall be made at the time of filing of tentative map lot line adjustment or lot merger, stating fully the grounds of the application and the facts supporting the request. Before recommending or approving any exception application, the planning commission or city council shall make all of the following findings:
1. That there are exceptional or extraordinary circumstances or conditions applicable to the property involved or to the intended use of the property which do not generally apply to other property in the same vicinity;
2. That such exception is necessary for the preservation and enjoyment of a substantial property right, which right is possessed by other property owners under like conditions;
3. That such exception is not a grant of special privileges;
4. That the exception will not be detrimental to the public health, safety, welfare, or be injurious to other properties in the vicinity;
5. That granting of the exception is in accord with the intent and purposes of this title and is consistent with the general plan and with all applicable specific plans or other plans of the city;
6. That in granting any exceptions, the city council shall impose such conditions as are necessary to protect the public health, safety, or welfare and assure compliance with the general plan, with all applicable specific plans, and with the intent and purposes of this title.
(Ord. 82-3-889 § 1 (part))