Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. No new drill site shall have a dimension less than two hundred feet in any direction unless the minimum dimension is reduced by the director. Upon a written request from the operator, the oil services coordinator may reduce the minimum dimension to not less than the height of the proposed drilling derrick, and may impose additional conditions he may deem necessary to protect the public health, safety, and general welfare, upon finding that both of the following conditions are met:
1. That the reduced minimum dimension will not be materially detrimental to the public welfare or injurious to adjacent property.
2. Because of special circumstances applicable to the property, including size, shape, topography, location, or surrounding buildings, the strict application of the two hundred foot dimension would deprive such property of privilege enjoyed by other property in the vicinity.
B. No well shall be drilled where the center of the well bore, at ground surface, will be less than the following prescribed distances:
1. Fifty feet to any adjacent interior property line not part of an oil and gas surface leasehold;
2. One hundred feet from a non-oil-related building for human occupancy;
3. One hundred feet from existing tanks, tank farms, or tank batteries used for storage of flammable materials;
4. Seventy-five feet from any public right-of-way shown on the city's official plan lines map, general plan, or any specific plan;
5. Three hundred feet from any place of public assemblage, institution, hospital, or school;
6. Two hundred feet from any public park.
C. The oil services coordinator may suspend any provision contained in subsections (A) or (B) of this section for a redrill in whole or part, if the oil services coordinator deems such provisions or requirements unnecessary; provided; that in such event the oil services coordinator may impose additional conditions on a redrill as he deems necessary to protect the public health, safety, and general welfare. Such conditions may include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
1. Installation of special guy wire supports during the redrilling operation;
2. Installation of acoustical blankets or panels around drilling equipment.
D. No structures shall be constructed closer than fifty feet to the center of a well other than buildings necessary for oil production, except that the distance of separation between a building and a well may be reduced to thirty-five feet if all walls of the building are of two-hour fire resistive construction and have no openings.
E. With the exception of engines used in the drilling or servicing of wells no internal combustion engine, storage, tank or boiler, fired heater, open flame device, or other source of ignition, except welding supervised by the operator, shall be located within twenty-five feet of any well.
(Ord. 90-08-1074 § 4 (part))