Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following words, terms and phrases, when used in this chapter, have the meanings ascribed to them in this section, except where the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) CONSUMER FIREWORK means those fireworks defined by A.R.S. § 36-1601 or any successor section.
(2) DISPLAY FIREWORK means those fireworks defined by A.R.S. § 36-1601 or any successor section.
(3) FIREWORKS means any combustible or explosive composition, substance or combination of substances, or any article prepared for the purpose of producing a visible or audible effect by combustion, explosion, deflagration or detonation, that is a consumer firework, display firework or permissible consumer firework as defined by A.R.S. § 36-1601 or any successor section.
(4) NOVELTY ITEMS means federally deregulated novelty items that are known as snappers, snap caps, party poppers, glow worms, snakes, toy smoke devices, sparklers, and certain toys as defined in A.R.S. § 36-1601 or any successor section.
(5) PERMISSIBLE CONSUMER FIREWORKS means those fireworks as defined by A.R.S. § 36-1601, or any successor section, that may be sold within the city even where the use of those items has been prohibited.
(6) SUPERVISED PUBLIC DISPLAY means a monitored performance of display fireworks open to the public and authorized by permit by the Fire Marshal; Fire Chief or his designee.
(Ord. 2010-018, passed 12-9-10)