Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person shall stand or park a vehicle, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or to comply with the provisions of this Traffic Code, or while obeying the directions of a police officer or a traffic-control device, in any of the following places or situations:
(1) On or over a sidewalk, except a bicycle;
(2) In front of a public or private driveway;
(3) Within an intersection;
(4) Within ten feet of a fire hydrant;
(5) On a crosswalk;
(6) Within twenty feet of a crosswalk at an intersection;
(7) Within thirty feet of, and upon the approach to, any flashing beacon, stop sign or traffic control device;
(8) Between a safety zone and the adjacent curb or within thirty feet of points on the curb immediately opposite the end of a safety zone, unless a different length is indicated by a traffic-control device;
(9) Within fifty feet of the nearest rail of a railroad crossing;
(10) In the grass lawn area between a curb and a sidewalk;
(11) Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when such standing or parking would obstruct traffic;
(12) Alongside any vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street;
(13) Upon any bridge or other elevated structure upon a street, or within a street tunnel;
(14) At any place where signs prohibit stopping, standing or parking, or where the curbing is painted yellow, or at any place in excess of the maximum time limited by signs;
(15) Within one foot of another parked vehicle;
(16) On the roadway portion of a freeway, expressway or thruway.
(17) In a parking space designed for public transportation;
(18) On or over a curb;
(19) On or outside markings designating parking spaces;
(20) On a public street or way for a period in excess of 48 hours without being driven and moved;
(21) On a public street with an unlicensed or improperly licensed vehicle;
(22) With a tire or tires on the curb side more than 12 inches from the curb unless diagonal parking is permitted for such space;
(23) Facing in the opposite direction of travel;
(24) In an area designated as a prohibited parking area by temporary regulations when signs or notices are displayed giving notice;
(25) On the left side of the road facing on-coming traffic;
(26) Upon any street or public way where angle or right angle parking is permitted in any manner than at a right angle or right angle to a curb or edge of the roadway as indicated by appropriate signage or markings;
(27) Backed into a parking space where the same is prohibited by appropriate signage or markings;
(b) Local authorities by ordinance may permit angle parking on any roadway under their jurisdiction, except that angle parking shall not be permitted on a state route within the municipality unless an unoccupied roadway of not less than 25 feet is available for free-moving traffic.
(c) Notwithstanding any contrary or other provision of this chapter, air compressors, tractors, trucks and other equipment while being used in the construction, reconstruction, installation, repair or removal of facilities near, on, over or under a street, may stop, stand or park where necessary in order to perform such work, provided a flag person is on duty, or warning lights are displayed as may be prescribed by law, and such that all other provisions of Ohio law regulating parking on roadways is strictly followed.
(d) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.
(Ord. A-2091. Passed 8-11-97; Ord. A-2794. Passed 8-11-14)