Skip to code content (skip section selection)
ORDINANCE NO. A-638
AN ORDINANCE TO APPROVE, ADOPT AND ENACT THE CODIFIED ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF SIDNEY, OHIO: TO REPEAL ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT THEREWITH, AND TO PUBLISH THE ENACTMENT OF NEW MATTER THEREIN.
WHEREAS, Council has authorized a recodification of the general and permanent ordinances of the City, and
WHEREAS, such recodification has been completed to the satisfaction of Council,
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SIDNEY, OHIO:
SECTION 1. That the general and permanent ordinances of the City of Sidney, Ohio, as revised, codified, rearranged and consolidated into component codes, titles, chapters, and sections are hereby approved, adopted and enacted as the Codified Ordinances of Sidney, Ohio, 1965, except Chapter 917.
The Codified Ordinances of Sidney, Ohio, 1965, shall consist of the following units:
Part One - Administrative Coda
Part Three - Traffic Code
Part Five - General Offenses Code
Part Seven - Business Regulation Code
Part Nine - Streets and Public Services Code
Part Eleven - Planning and Zoning Code
Part Thirteen - Building Code
Part Fifteen - Fire Prevention Code
One copy of the Codified Ordinances shall be filed with the original copy of this Ordinance and deemed a part hereof.
SECTION 2. That all of the provisions of the Codified Ordinances of Sidney, Ohio, 1965, shall be in full force and effect on and after 12:01 a.m., August 17, 1965, and all ordinances in force on the date of the passage of this Ordinance in conflict with the Codified Ordinances will hereby be repealed.
However, such repeal shall not affect:
(1) Any offense or act committed or done, or any penalty or forfeiture incurred or any contract or right established or accruing before the adoption of this Ordinance.
(2) Any ordinance or resolution promising or guaranteeing the payment of money by or to the City, or authorizing the issuance of any bonds of the City, or any evidence of the City's indebtedness, or any contract or obligation assumed by the City.
(3) The administrative ordinance or resolutions of Council not in conflict or inconsistent with the provisions of the Codified Ordinances.
(4) Any right, license or franchise conferred by any ordinance or resolution of Council or any person or corporation.
(5) Any ordinance establishing, naming, relocating or vacating any street or public way.
(6) Any ordinances or parts thereof providing for salaries or compensation.
(7) Any prosecution, suit or other proceeding pending, or any judgment rendered on or prior to the adoption of this Ordinance.
(8) Any ordinance levying or imposing taxes or assessments.
(9) Any ordinance establishing or changing the boundaries of the City.
SECTION 3. That under the provisions of Ohio Revised Code Section 731.23, there shall be published in the manner required by law a notice of the enactment of this Ordinance containing the title hereof and a summary of the new matter contained in the Codified Ordinances of Sidney, Ohio, 1965. A summary of new material contained in the Codified Ordinances is attached hereto as Appendix A of this Ordinance and made a part hereof.
(EDITOR'S NOTE: See original Ordinance A-638 for a copy of Appendix A containing a summary of new material contained in the Codified Ordinances.)
SECTION 4. That this Ordinance shall become effective as of the date set forth in Section 2 hereof.
Passed this second day of August, 1965.
/s/ Dolores Schultz