Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. The premises is being used as an active, ongoing salvage business located in an area properly zoned as a salvage yard, pursuant to the City of Sidney Zoning Ordinance, as may be amended from time to time;
2. The owner(s) of the premises possesses a conditional use permit, pursuant to section 11-14-4 of this Code, as may be amended from time to time; and
3. The condition on the premises is shielded from public view in accordance with the following standards:
a. Erection And Maintenance Of Fences:
(1) Wooden Fences: When wooden fences are used for shielding, the boards must be spaced and/or slatted to reduce wind load. The space between boards when viewed from broadside shall not be more than one and one-half inches (11/2"), and the interval between spaces shall not be less than seven and one-half inches (71/2"). Rough dimension lumber or better is acceptable.
(2) Chainlink: Chainlink fences with standard fiberglass or other inserts are acceptable, provided the gap between adjacent slats does not exceed one and one-half inches (11/2").
(3) Other Types Of Fencing: Other types of fencing of equivalent permanence, attractiveness, and shielding qualities, including corrugated metal, may also be acceptable, in the discretion of the committee.
b. Alternative Shielding:
(1) Shrubs And Trees: Shielding with shrubs and trees is acceptable, as long as they provide a similar degree of shielding to a fence at all times of the year.
(2) Fencing Material: No more than one fencing material shall be used on any one side of a shielding barrier, unless approved by the committee.