Skip to code content (skip section selection)
In areas of special flood hazard identified by the Federal Insurance Administration in its Flood Hazard Boundary Map covering the area within the geographic boundaries of the city, the following provisions shall be observed with regard to mobile homes:
(A) No mobile home shall be placed in a designated floodway, except in an existing mobile home park or existing mobile home subdivision.
(B) All mobile homes shall be anchored to resist flotation, collapse, or lateral movement by providing over-the-top and frame ties to ground anchors. Specific requirements shall be as follows:
(1) Over-the-top ties shall be provided at each end of the mobile home, with one additional tie per side at an intermediate location on mobile homes of less than 50 feet and one additional tie per side for mobile homes of 50 feet or longer.
(2) Frame ties shall be provided at each corner of the home with four additional ties per side at intermediate points for mobile homes less than 50 feet long and one additional tie for mobile homes of 50 feet or longer.
(3) All components of an anchoring system shall be capable of carrying a force of 4,800 pounds; and,
(4) Any addition to the mobile home be similarly anchored.
(C) For new mobile home parks and subdivisions; for expansions to existing mobile home parks and subdivisions; for existing mobile home parks and subdivisions where the repair, reconstruction, or improvement of the streets, utilities, and pads equals or exceeds 50% of value of the streets, utilities, and pads before the repair, reconstruction, or improvement has commenced; and, for mobile homes not placed in a mobile home park or subdivision:
(1) Stands or lots shall be elevated on compacted fill or on pilings so that the lowest floor of the mobile home will be at or above the base flood level;
(2) Adequate surface drainage and access for a hauler shall be provided; and,
(3) In the instance of elevation on pilings. Lots shall be large enough to permit steps; piling foundations shall be placed in stable soil no more than ten feet apart; and, reinforcement shall be provided for pilings more than six feet above the ground level.
(Ord. 12-1978, passed 7-10-78) Penalty, see § 152.99