Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Compulsory attendance. Any child between the ages of seven years and 16 years, residing within the limits of the village, must be enrolled in and attending an institute of education, whether parochial or private, or otherwise continuing education in accordance with, and following the provisions and exceptions outlined in ILCS Ch. 105, Act 5, § 26.
(1) No child between the ages of seven years and 16 years shall fail to attend any classes or activity outlined in division (A) above without being excused through the school, institution or instructor designated, with the permission of a parent or guardian.
(2) No parent or guardian of any child subject to compulsory attendance as outlined in division (A) above shall knowingly or intentionally allow a child to become truant.
(3) No parent or guardian, through action or negligence, shall cause or allow any child, subject to compulsory attendance as outline in division (A) above to become truant for 10% or more of the previous 180 regular attendance days.
(4) No person shall induce, cause or contribute to the truancy of, or harbor or assist any minor who is truant.
(5) No minor, absent from compulsory attendance, in this district or any other, whether truant or excused, shall be present in or on any public place or private place open to the public within the limits of the village, without the direct supervision of a parent, guardian or other mature adult (18 years of age or above) designated by a parent or guardian.
Penalty, see § 132.99