Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Permitting Authority: The city-county planner is hereby designated and charged with the duty of administering the permitting process for the city.
B. Airport Board Of Adjustment:
1. Created; Powers: There is hereby created under Montana Code Annotated sections 67-6-206 and 76-2-321 through 76-2-328, a city board of adjustment that shall possess and exercise the following powers:
a. To hear and decide appeals from any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by the city in the enforcement of this chapter.
b. To hear and decide special exceptions to the provisions of this chapter upon which the city, under such provisions, may be required to pass.
c. To hear and decide specific variances.
2. Membership; Term; Removal: The airport board of adjustment shall consist of five (5) members, three (3) members of the city council and two (2) members appointed by the airport board. Each member shall serve for a term of three (3) years and until a successor is duly appointed and qualified. Members may only be removed by the appointing authority for cause upon written charges after a public hearing.
3. Rules: The airport board of adjustment shall adopt rules for its governance and procedure consistent with the provisions of this chapter.
4. Meetings: Meetings of the airport board of adjustment shall be held at the call of the chairperson and at such other times as the board of adjustment may determine. The chairperson may administer oaths and compel the attendance of witnesses. All members of the city board of adjustment shall be present at variance hearings. All hearings of the board of adjustment shall be public. The board of adjustment shall keep minutes of its proceedings showing the vote of each member upon each question and shall keep records of its examinations and other official actions, all of which shall immediately be filed in the office of the board of adjustment and shall be a public record.
5. Written Findings Of Fact: The airport board of adjustment shall make written findings of fact and conclusions of law, giving the facts upon which it acted and its legal conclusions from such facts, in reversing, affirming, or modifying any order, requirement, decision or determination which comes before it under the provisions of this chapter.
6. Voting: The concurring vote of three (3) members of the board of adjustment shall be necessary to reverse any order, requirement, decision or determination of the permitting authority, or to decide in favor of the applicant on any matter upon which it is required to pass under this chapter, or to grant any variance from the provisions or requirements of this chapter. (Ord. 766, 2-16-2004)