Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The city hereby establishes the office of the City Clerk.
(B) The office of the City Clerk may, by ordinance, be combined with any other nonelected city office by inclusion of the title and duties of such office.
(C) The duties and responsibilities of the Clerk shall include, but are not limited to the following:
(1) Maintenance and safekeeping of the permanent records of the city;
(2) Performance of the duties required of the "official custodian" or "custodian" in accordance with KRS 61.870 to 61.882;
(3) Possession of the seal of the city if used;
(4) No later than January 31 of each year, mail or electronically submit to the Department for Local Government a list containing current city information including but not limited to the following:
(a) The correct name, telephone number, and electronic mail address of the Mayor, Commission members, and the correct name, telephone number, and electronic mail address for the city's appointed officials or employees who are serving in the following roles or substantially similar roles as of January 1 of each year:
1. City Clerk;
2. City Treasurer;
3. City Manager;
4. City Attorney;
5. Human Resources Director;
6. Police Chief;
7. Fire Chief;
8. Public Works Director;
9. Risk Manager;
10. Information Technology Manager;
11. Public Relations or Communications Officer; and
12. Planning and Zoning Administrator.
(b) The correct name of the city, mailing address for city hall, and telephone number of city hall; and
(c) The name and telephone number of either an elected or appointed official to serve as a contact person that may be reached during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
(5) Performance of all other duties and responsibilities required of the City Clerk by statute or ordinance.
(KRS 83A.085(1) - (3)(e))
(D) Compensation shall be in the amount as established by the City Commission from time to time as set forth in § 31.02.
(E) No person shall be appointed or act as the City Clerk unless such person has taken the oath required by section 228 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and has provided bond in the amount of $100,000, with corporate surety authorized to transact business in Kentucky and conditioned upon the performance of the duties specified herein.