The Planning Commission may, at the discretion of the City Commission, employ professional or administrative help whose salaries, wages, compensation, and other necessary expenses shall be provided for by adequate appropriation made by the City Commission from public funds.  If the Planning Commission shall deem it advisable to secure technical advice or services, it may be done only upon authority from the City Commission and appropriations by the City Commission.
(1993 Code, § 31.74)