Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall be the responsibility of the Zoning Administrator to enforce the provisions of this chapter and in so doing shall perform the following duties:
(1) Issue certificates of zoning compliance; special use permits, variances. All applications for local zoning approval shall be submitted to the Zoning Administrator who may issue the permits and certificates of occupancy only when all applicable provisions of this chapter have been met, and approval has been granted by the proper body or official;
(2) Record applications. The Zoning Administrator shall maintain files of all applications for all zoning requests and shall keep records of all zoning requests granted. These shall be filed in the City Office and shall be open to public inspection. Copies shall be furnished at cost upon the request of any person having a proprietary or tenancy interest in the property involved;
(3) Inspections. The Zoning Administrator shall be empowered to make inspections of buildings or premises in order to properly carry out the enforcement of this chapter;
(5) Record of complaints. The Zoning Administrator shall keep a record of every documented complaint of a zoning violation of any of the provisions of this chapter. The record shall show the action taken consequent to each complaint. The records shall be public records;
(a) Report to City Commission. The Zoning Administrator shall report to the City Commission periodically, at intervals of not greater than once each 12 months, summarizing for that period all certificates of zoning compliance, special use permits, and variances issued; and all complaints of violation and the action taken.
(b) Report to Planning Commission. The Zoning Administrator shall make some report available to the Planning Commission of actions taken under the authority of this chapter.
(7) Revocation of permits, special use permits, and variances.
(a) With proper notice given, the Zoning Administrator shall have the power to revoke or cancel any permit in case of failure or neglect to comply with any of the provisions of this chapter, or in case of any false statement or misrepresentation made in the application. The provisions of §§ 153.312 and 153.999 shall be invoked. Upon the revocation, all further construction activities and usage shall cease upon the site, other than for the purpose of correcting the violation.
(b) Where zoning compliance is a prerequisite for a county building permit, the notification shall also be given to the county in order to determine compliance with county administrative requirements.
(B) Under no circumstances is the Zoning Administrator permitted to make changes in this chapter, nor to vary the terms of this chapter while carrying out the duties prescribed herein. It shall be the responsibility of the City Commission to assure that the Zoning Administrator enforces the provisions of this chapter.
(1993 Code, § 154.216) (Ord. 84-1, passed 1-3-1984) Penalty, see § 153.999