Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) For this use, the following more restrictive provisions shall take precedence above all other provisions which may relate to setbacks, screening, and the like. All uses shall be established and maintained in accordance with all applicable state statutes. If any of the requirements of this section are less than those in applicable state statutes, the state requirements shall prevail.
(B) (1) The site shall be a minimum of five acres in size.
(2) There shall be a required yard setback of at least 100 feet from any public street at any lot line. The front yard setback shall be planted with trees, grass, and shrubs to minimize the appearance of the installation. Nothing shall be piled, stored, or accumulated in any required yard area.
(3) A solid fence or wall at least eight feet in height shall be provided along the setback lines of the entire site in order to screen the site from surrounding property. The fence or wall shall be of sound construction, painted, or otherwise finished neatly and inconspicuously.
(4) All activities shall be confined within the fenced-in area. There shall be no stocking of material above the height of the fence or wall, except that movable equipment used on the site may exceed the wall or fence height. No equipment, material, signs, or lighting shall be used or stored outside the fenced-in area.
(5) No open burning shall be permitted and all industrial processes involving the use of equipment for cutting, compressing, or packaging shall be conducted within a completely enclosed building.
(6) Wherever a side or rear lot line of the use abuts a residential use or a residential zoning district, the required yard shall be doubled and shall contain plant materials, grass, and structural screens to effectively minimize the appearance of the installation.
(1993 Code, § 154.162) (Ord. 84-1, passed 1-3-1984)