Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) General conditions.
(1) All permanent storage of material, merchandise, and equipment other than liquid fuel shall be within the building.
(2) All lubrication, repair, and servicing equipment shall be within the building.
(3) No floor drains shall be connected to the sanitary sewer system.
(B) Design requirements.
(1) Relation to certain land uses. No new service station other than replacement of one existing at time of adoption of this chapter (January 3, 1984) shall be erected within 25 feet of any residential area; and not within 300 feet of any of the following uses or structures:
(a) Public or private school;
(b) Church or other place of worship;
(d) Public library;
(e) Public art museum or other public building;
(f) Theater or other building or structure used or intended to be used for motion picture, theatrical, or operatic productions, or for public entertainment;
(g) Public playground or civic center; or
(h) Fire house or fire station.
(2) Lighting and screening (fences). All lighting and screening shall comply with the requirements of § 153.047.
(3) Minimum frontage and area. The minimum acceptable frontage shall be 100 feet and the average lot depth shall be at least 100 feet.
(4) Minimum setback. The building shall be set back a minimum of 40 feet from the street right-of-way, and not less than 25 feet from any side or rear lot line adjoining a residential district or use.
(5) Driveway location. Driveways shall be a minimum of 20 feet from street intersections; the distance to be measured from the point of intersection of intersecting street rights-of-way. No driveway shall be located nearer than ten feet to any abutting properties.
(6) Pump islands. Pump islands shall be located a minimum of 25 feet from any public right-of-way and five feet from any side or rear lot line.
(7) Driveways, service areas, and parking areas. Driveways, service areas, and parking areas shall be provided with pavement having an asphaltic or cement binder so as to provide a permanent, durable, and dustless surface and shall be so graded and drained as to dispose of all surface water accumulated within the area.
(1993 Code, § 154.151) (Ord. 84-1, passed 1-3-1984)