Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Reasonable conditions may be required with the approval of a special land use by the Planning Commission. The conditions may include but are not limited to conditions necessary to ensure that public services and facilities affected by a proposed land use or activity will be capable of accommodat ing increased service and facility loads caused by the land use or activity, to protect the natural resources and energy, to ensure compatibility with adjacent uses of land, and to promote the use of land in a socially and economically desirable manner. Conditions imposed shall meet all of the following requirements:
(1) Be designed to protect natural resources, the health, safety, and welfare, and the social and economic well-being of those who will use the land use or activity under consideration, residents and landowners immediately adjacent to the proposed land use or activity, and the community as a whole;
(2) Be related to the valid exercise of the police power and purposes which are affected by the proposed use or activity; and
(3) Be necessary to meet the intent and purpose of this chapter, be related to the standards established in this chapter for the land use or activity under consideration, and be necessary to ensure compliance with those standards.
(B) The conditions imposed with respect to the approval of a special land use shall be recorded in the record of the approval action, and shall remain unchanged except upon the mutual consent of the Planning Commission and the landowner. The approving Planning Commission shall maintain a record of conditions which are changed.
(C) Before granting a special land use permit in addition to finding that it meets all of the previously stated requirements, the Planning Commission must find that:
(1) The proposed use will not adversely affect existing adjacent uses within 500 feet; and
(2) There will be no adverse effect upon public health, safety, or general welfare, and that it will not impair the intent of this chapter.
(D) Compliance with performance standards for certain uses enumerated in this chapter is required.
(E) Site plan approval by the Planning Commission is required for all special use permits. Site plans may be initially reviewed by the Zoning Administrator for content.
(1993 Code, § 154.077) (Ord. 84-1, passed 1-3-1984)