Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A certain document, three copies of which are on file in the office of the City Clerk, being marked and designated as the International Property Maintenance Code, 2012 Edition, as published by the International Code Council, be and is hereby adopted as the Property Maintenance Code of the city for regulating and governing the conditions and maintenance of all property, buildings and structures; by providing the standards for supplied utilities and facilities and other physical things and conditions essential to ensure that structures are safe, sanitary and fit for occupation and use; and the condemnation of buildings and structures unfit for human occupancy and use, and the demolition of such existing structures as herein provided; providing for the issuance of permits and collection of fees therefor; and each and all of the regulations, provisions, penalties, conditions and terms of said Property Maintenance Code on file in the office of the Code Enforcement Office are hereby referred to, adopted, and made a part hereof, as if fully set out in this legislation, with the additions, insertions, deletions and changes, if any, prescribed in division (B) of this section.
(B) The following sections are hereby revised:
(1) Section 101.1. Insert: City of Scottsville, Kentucky.
(2) Section 103.5. Insert: all applicable fees as promulgated, as amended from time to time, by the Scottsville Planning and Zoning Commission and/or the City of Scottsville, Kentucky.
(3) Section 112.4. Insert: Failure to comply. Any person who shall continue any work after having been served with a stop work order, except such work as that person is directed to perform to
remove a violation or unsafe condition, shall be liable to a fine of not less than $500 or more than $1,000.
(4) Section 302.4. Insert: 12 inches.
(5) Section 304.14. Insert: May 1, October 31.
(6) Section 602.3. Insert: September 1, May 30.
(7) Section 602.4. Insert: September 1, May 30.
(C) Nothing in this legislation or in the Property Maintenance Code hereby adopted shall be construed to affect any suit or proceeding impending in any court, or any rights acquired, or liability incurred, or any cause or causes of action acquired or existing, under any act or ordinance hereby repealed of this law; nor shall any just or legal right or remedy of any character be lost, impaired or affected by this legislation.
(Ord. 814-17, passed 3-13-2017)
Nuisances, see Chapter 92