Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall be unlawful for any minor under the age of 16 years to remain in or upon the public streets, avenues, highways, roads, alleys, playgrounds, public buildings, places of public amusement and entertainment, vacant lots, or other public places, or to ride in or upon, drive, or otherwise operate any automobile, bicycle, or other vehicle in, upon, over, or through the streets, alleys, or other public places of the City of Schuyler between the hours of 10:01 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. of the following morning.
(B) This section does not apply to a minor who is:
(1) In a motor vehicle involved in interstate travel;
(2) Involved in an emergency;
(3) On the sidewalk abutting the minor’s residence or abutting the residence of a next-door neighbor if the neighbor did not complain to the police department about the minor’s presence;
(4) Exercising First Amendment rights protected by the Unites States Constitution, such as the free exercise of religion, freedom of speech, and the right of assembly; or
(5) Married or had been married or had disabilities of minority removed in accordance with state law.
(1972 Code, § 6-331) (Ord. 846, passed 2-7-1995) Penalty, see § 130.99