The Governing Body may, by resolution, order the construction or repair of sidewalks on any lot, or parcel of land, within the municipality. The expense of sidewalk construction or repair may be assessed to the lot, or parcel of land, in front of which the construction or repairs are made after intention to do so has first been given:
   (A)   By publication in one issue of a legal newspaper of general circulation within the municipality; and
   (B)   By either serving a written notice upon the occupant in possession of the property involved or posting such a notice upon the premises at least ten days prior to the commencement of the construction or repair.
(Neb. RS 17-522) (1972 Code, § 8-210) (Ord. 565, passed 5-3-1977)