Contracts for water service are not transferable. Any person wishing to change from one location to another shall make a new application and sign a new contract. If any consumer shall sell, dispose, or remove from the premise where service is furnished, or if the premise is destroyed by fire or other casualty, he or she shall at once inform the Utilities Superintendent who shall cause the water service to be shut off at the premise. If the consumer should fail to give the notice, he or she shall be charged for all water used on the said premise until the Utilities Superintendent is otherwise advised of the circumstances.
(Neb. RS 17-537) (1972 Code, § 3-417)