The expense of providing water service to the place of distribution shall be paid entirely by the consumer. The consumer shall pay a connection/tap fee set by resolution of the Board of Public Works and on file at the office of the Municipal Clerk which shall compensate the municipality for the cost of tapping the main. It shall be unlawful for any person other than an employee of the Municipal Water Department to tap a water main. The consumer shall be required to pay the expense of procuring the services of a licensed plumber and shall pay the cost of furnishing and installing pipe, trenching, and the necessary labor to bring water service from the water main to the place of disbursement; provided that the municipality shall supply and install the water meter at the expense of the municipality. All water meters shall be owned by the municipality and shall be installed according to the specifications prescribed by the Board of Public Works and the Utilities Superintendent.
(Neb. RS 17-542) (1972 Code, § 3-407)