Every person or persons desiring a supply of water must make application therefor to the Board of Public Works upon the blanks to be furnished by the Utilities Superintendent for that purpose. The Utilities Superintendent may require any applicant to make a service deposit in such amount as he or she deems necessary subject to the review of the Governing Body. Water may not be supplied to any house or private service pipe except upon the written order of the Utilities Superintendent. The Department shall not supply to any person outside the corporate limits water service without special permission from the Board of Public Works; provided, the entire cost of laying mains, service pipe, and supply pipe shall be paid by the consumer. Nothing herein shall be construed to obligate the municipality to provide water service to non-residents
(Neb. RS 17-537) (1972 Code, § 3-404)