(A)   Any person wishing to connect with the sewer system shall make an application therefor to the Board of Public Works upon the blanks to be furnished by the Utilities Superintendent. He or she may require any applicant to make a service deposit in the amount as he or she deems necessary subject to the review of the Governing Body. Sewer service may not be supplied to any house or building except upon the written order of the chief sewer official. The Department shall not supply sewer service to any person outside the corporate limits without special permission from the Board of Public Works; provided, that the entire cost of pipe and other installation charges shall be paid by the consumers. Nothing herein shall be construed to obligate the municipality to provide sewer service to nonresidents.
   (B)   No person shall extend any sewer main without the approval of the Utilities Superintendent, the City Engineer, and the Nebraska Department of Health. All plans and specifications shall be reviewed by the City Engineer, who shall set the grade for the sewer main extensions at the installing party’s expense.
(Neb. 19-2701) (1972 Code, § 3-502) (Ord. 567, passed 6-7-1977)
Statutory reference:
   Sewers, see Neb. RS 16-667 et seq.