Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No organization shall conduct lawful gambling excluded or exempted from state licensure requirements by M.S. § 349.166, as it may be amended from time to time, without a valid local permit.
(B) Applications for issuance or renewal of a local permit shall be on a form prescribed by the city. The application shall contain the following information:
(1) Name and address of the organization requesting the permit;
(2) Name and address of the officers and persons accounting for receipts, expenses, and profits for the event;
(3) Date of gambling occasion for which permit is requested;
(4) Address of premises where event will occur;
(5) Copy of rental or leasing arrangement, if any, connected with the event, including rental to be charged to organization; and
(6) Estimated value of prizes to be awarded.
(C) The fee for a local permit shall be $15. The fee shall be submitted with the application for a local permit.
(D) The applicant shall be notified in writing of the date on which the Council will consider the issuance of the local permit.
(E) The Council may disapprove an application for issuance or renewal of a local permit for any of the following reasons:
(1) Violation by the organization of any state statute, state rule, or city ordinance relating to gambling within the last three years;
(2) Violation by the establishment leasing its premises for gambling of any state statute, state rule, or city ordinance relating to the operation of the establishment, including, but not limited to, laws relating to the operation of the establishment, laws relating to alcoholic beverages, gambling, controlled substances, suppression of vice, and protection of public safety within the last three years;
(3) The organization has not been in existence in the city for at least three consecutive years prior to the date of application;
(4) The organization does not have at least 15 active members;
(5) More than one licensed, qualified organization will be conducting exempted or excluded lawful gambling activities at any one premises;
(6) Failure of the applicant to pay permit fee provided by division (C) above within the prescribed time limit; or
(7) Operation of gambling at the site would be detrimental to the health, safety, and welfare of the community.
(F) Local permits shall be valid for only the occasion or occasions they are issued.
(Ord. 100, passed 3-6-2007) Penalty, see § 130.99