Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The City Manager, in his or her discretion, may issue a notice of violation to the record owner and/or occupant of the property upon which a public nuisance exists. The issuance of a notice of violation is not a prerequisite to any other action, including issuance of a notice and order or administrative citation. The notice of violation is a non-appealable warning with direction to correct the violation. The notice of violation shall include all of the following:
(1) Name of the property's record owner;
(2) Street address of the property in violation;
(3) The code sections in violation;
(4) A description of the property's condition which violates the applicable codes;
(5) A deadline or specific date to correct the violations listed in the notice of violation; and
(6) Reference to the potential consequences should the property remain in violation after the expiration of the compliance deadline, including but not limited to: administrative remedies, criminal prosecution, civil action, administrative abatement, civil penalties, revocation of permits, and/or recordation of notice of violation.
(B) Service of a notice of violation may be served upon the record owner by regular first class mail or personal service.
(Ord. 08-106, passed 10-8-2008)