Whenever the public necessity, general welfare, or good zoning practice require, the Planning Commission may propose by motion to amend, supplement, or change these regulations or the zoning district of property within the City.  A proposed change of the Zoning Code or the Zone Map may be initiated by the Planning Commission, the legislative body, or the owner or agent of an owner of the property to which the change would apply.  If the application is made by a person other than the owner, it shall be accompanied by a verified statement by the owner that the person making the application is authorized to make the application.  If initiated by the legislative body, the owner, or agent of the owner, the amendment shall be referred to the Commission before action is taken by the legislative body.
(Ord. 03-071.  Passed 3-10-03.)