Skip to code content (skip section selection)
After the approval of a Tentative Map and before the construction of any improvements, the subdivider shall submit plans to the County as follows:
(a) Preparation and Content. Improvement plans shall be prepared by a California registered professional engineer. Improvement plan submittals shall include all of the following information:
(1) Any drawings, specifications, calculations, design reports, and other information required by the Director of Public Works;
(2) Grading, drainage, Water Quality Management Plan, erosion and sediment control, and a storm water pollution prevention plan (SWPPP) for the entire subdivision; and
(3) The improvement plan/specification checking and construction inspection fees required by the County Fee Ordinance.
(b) Submittal of Plans. Improvement plans shall be submitted to the Director of Public Works and other appropriate reviewing agencies for review and approval. Upon the approval of improvement plans in compliance with Subdivision (c) (Review and Approval), below, the subdivider shall also submit to the Director of Public Works a detailed cost estimate of all improvements, based on guidelines provided by the County.
(1) Street and Drainage Plans and Profiles. Plans, profiles, and specifications of proposed street and drainage improvements shall be submitted to the County Department of Public Works, checked and approved before presentation of the Final Map to the Board for acceptance. These plans and profiles shall show full details of the proposed improvements in compliance with County standards.
(2) Water Systems Plans. Plans, specifications, and all necessary details of the proposed water system shall be submitted to the Chief of the Division of Environmental Health Services for review; provided that the supplier has certified that it is willing and able to supply water upon request.
(3) Sanitary Sewer Plans. Plans, profiles, specifications, and all necessary details of the sanitary sewers to be installed shall be submitted to the Chief of the Division of Environmental Health Services for review; provided that before submitting the plans, they shall have been approved by the governmental entity that will serve the subdivision, or if a private sewage disposal company is to provide service, the plans shall have been approved by the Chief of the Division of Environmental Health Services.
(c) Review and Approval. Improvement plans shall be reviewed and approved by the applicable agency within the time limits provided by Map Act § 66456.2.
(d) Effect of Approval. The final approval of improvement plans shall generally be required before approval of a Parcel or Final Map. The approval of improvement plans shall not bind the County to accept the improvements nor waive any defects in the improvements as installed.
(Ord. 4011, passed - -2007; Am. Ord. 4116, passed - -2010)