Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) General Provisions.
(1) A Reversion to Acreage shall be initiated, processed, reviewed, and approved or disapproved in compliance with Map Act Chapter 6, Article 1.
(2) An application for reversion submitted by a property owner shall include all information required by the Department, and shall include the fee required by the County Fee Ordinance.
(3) A Parcel Map may be filed to revert to acreage land previously subdivided that consists of four or less contiguous parcels, in compliance with Map Act § 66499.20-1/4.
(1) The Commission shall hold a public hearing on all petitions for, and Board initiations of, Reversions to Acreage.
(2) In the case of a Reversion to Acreage by Parcel Map, the Commission may approve the Reversion to Acreage only if it first makes all of the findings required by Subdivision (c), below.
(3) For a Reversion to Acreage by Final Map, the Commission shall render its decision in the form of a written recommendation to the Board. The recommendation shall include the reasons for the recommendation and shall be transmitted to the Board. Upon receipt of the recommendation of the Commission, the Board shall hold a public hearing. The Board may approve a Reversion to Acreage only if it first makes all of the findings required by Subdivision (c) below.
(c) Findings. Before approval, the review authority shall first find that all of the findings required by Map Act § 66499.16 are true.
(d) Post-Approval Actions. After the hearing before the Commission and/or the Board and approval of the Reversion to Acreage, the Parcel or Final Map shall be delivered to the County Surveyor. The Reversion to Acreage shall be effective upon the Parcel or Final Map being filed for record by the County Recorder.
(Ord. 4011, passed - -2007)