Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A Lot Line Adjustment is permissible in compliance with Map Act § 66412(d), and the following.
(1) A Lot Line Adjustment is between four or fewer existing adjoining parcels, where the land taken from one parcel is added to an adjoining parcel, and where a greater number of parcels than originally existed are not created.
(2) An application for a Lot Line Adjustment shall be filed with the Director and shall include the information required by the Department, together with the processing fee specified by the County Fee Ordinance. No Tentative, Parcel, or Final Map shall be required for a Lot Line Adjustment. Survey monuments and a field survey may be required to facilitate the preparation of the legal description to ensure the accuracy of the description or the elimination of the encroachments.
(b) Lot Line Adjustment Procedures.
(1) Approval. After consultation with the County Surveyor, the Director shall approve a Lot Line Adjustment; provided that all criteria identified in Map Act § 66412(d) are met to the Director’s satisfaction.
(2) Findings. The Director shall make all of the following findings before approval of a Lot Line Adjustment:
(A) The proposed Lot Line Adjustment is consistent with the General Plan, this Development Code, and any applicable community or specific plan; and
(B) The proposed Lot Line Adjustment will not adversely affect public health and safety.
(3) Post-Approval Actions. The Director shall submit a Certificate of Compliance or a conditional Certificate of Compliance, along with new Grant Deeds and appropriate Trust Deeds which describe the new boundaries of the parcels to the County Recorder for recordation.
(Ord. 4011, passed - -2007)