Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Amount and Applicability of Reinspection Fee.
(1) A reinspection fee shall be imposed on each person who receives a Notice of Violation, notice and order, or letter of correction of any provision of this Development Code or the County Code, adopted Building Code, or State law.
(A) The fee amount shall be established in compliance with the current Fee Ordinance.
(B) The fee may be assessed for each inspection conducted when the particular violation, for which a Notice of Violation, notice and order, or letter of correction was issued, was not fully abated or corrected as directed by, and within the time and manner specified in, the notice or letter.
(2) The fee shall not apply to the original verification inspection to document the violations and shall apply to the first compliance inspection made after the issuance of a notice or letter, unless the correction has been made.
(b) Continuation of the Original Case.
(1) If a notice or letter has been previously issued for the same violation and the property has been in compliance with the provisions of this Development Code or the County Code for less than 90 days, the violation shall be deemed a continuation of the original case, and all inspections or reinspections, including the first inspection for the repeated offense, shall be charged a reinspection fee.
(2) This fee is intended to compensate for administrative costs for unnecessary County inspections, and is not a penalty for violating this Development Code or the County Code.
(3) Any reinspection fees imposed shall be separate and apart from any fines or penalties imposed for violation of this Development Code or the County Code, or costs incurred by the County for the abatement of a public nuisance.
(Ord. 4043, passed - -2008)